The incumbent is responsible for overseeing and coordination of all mechanical and equipment repairs and services for the fleet. He is also responsible for recording daily fleet movements with kilometres driven and keeping track of vehicles on the fleet management report. Also recording fuel expenditure on a monthly basis.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Ensure daily fleet and workshop planning
- Assigning of vehicles to different teams on a daily basis
- Inspect vehicles daily (for both shifts) and ensure they are in a road worthy state
- Ensure that sound equipment control measures are in place for the company
- Recording daily fleet movements with kilometers driven and keeping track of vehicles on the fleet management report.
- Recording fuel expenditure and toll fees on a monthly basis.
- Send fleet management report on a daily basis to the COO
- Capture fuel records and monitor and control to meet monthly targets
- Ensure that the drivers HSE files are kept up to date i.e. PRDP, medical records
- Conduct weekly refresher briefing based on fleet policy ext.
- Evaluate and assess new drivers before assigning company car to employee. Report on assessments and outcomes to COO.
- Report on all traffic fines (to COO and HR Manager where applicable) monthly and sign off with relevant employee
- Check and report on license disks of all vehicles
- Make sure all vehicles are booked for their services and report to COO on services needed a month prior to the service date.
- Report to COO on any repairs needed on a weekly basis. Provide quotes where necessary
- Report all incidents and accidents on time as per company procedure
- Go to the scene of incidents and accidents to render assistance and compile reports for further investigation by the HSSE department.
- Plan and arrange for vehicles to be cleaned at all times
- Collecting and delivering of goods/parcels/people when necessary
- Strong character to handle difficult clients
- Must be assertive on ensuring problems are resolved with the workers
- Sound communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good planning, organising & prioritising skill.
- Must always apply feasible problem assessment and problem-solving techniques
- Gathers, monitors and provides accurate and reliable Information.
- Pays attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must be flexible, adaptable, a team worker and customer oriented.
- Possesses good time management skills
- Analytical skills
- Ability to document clear, understandable reports
- Qualification in Logistics or Transport Management
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in managing a fleet of greater than 20 vehicles as a Fleet Manager
- 5 years’ experience in similar role
- Valid Code 8 or 10 driver’s License
Closing Date: 20 October 2018