The incumbent is responsible for administrative work in relation to tendering process – tendering, invoicing and procurement of material. The incumbent is to play quality assurance role ensuring tender documentation is completed correctly and submitted timeously and any errors are corrected, including the pricing. If need be, may also run project(s).
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Pricing and tendering
- Project Management of the accepted tender and priced offers
- Allocation of personnel to projects (where applicable)
- Skills transfer to staff working directly under incumbent
- Costing of projects
- Ordering of material/ procurement of material
- Following up with debtors
- Approval of invoicing for payment (in conjunction with Executive Management)
- Selecting and purchasing of plant and equipment (in conjunction with Executive Management)
- Training of junior personnel on tendering processes
- Willingness to work extended hours
- Will be required to travel to outside site areas where project(s) are being run
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- BTech in Electrical Engineering
- Project Management qualification (advantageous)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in similar role
- Knowledge of MS Office applications (e.g. Word, Excel, Power point, etc.) and relevant applications
- Knowledge of the latest technological communication gadgets
- Drivers Licence
- Ability to keep privileged information that one is privy to, confidential at all times.
- Sound communication skills written and verbal.
- Ability to prioritize, plan, organize.
- Problem assessment and problem-solving skills.
- Information gathering and monitoring.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Flexibility, adaptability, teamwork and customer orientation.
- Highest level of confidentiality.
- Ability to work in high pressured environment and be result-driven.
- Willingness to work long hours, unsociable hours, etc. as and when needed.
- Ability to independent.
Closing Date: 20 October 2018