Electrician is responsible for installing, diagnosing, inspecting as well as testing electrical systems. Helping the Installation electrician as well as Master Electrician.
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown.
- Correct any malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components as per client requirements.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Maintain current electrician’s license or identification card to meet governmental regulations.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local code.
- Direct and train workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Use a variety of tools and equipment such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment including oscilloscopes, ammeters, and test lamps.
- Install ground leads and connect power cables to equipment, such as motors.
- Perform business management duties such as maintaining records and files, preparing reports and ordering supplies and equipment.
- Repair or replace wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Place conduit (pipes or tubing) inside designated partitions, walls, or other concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes.
- Construct and fabricate parts, using hand tools and specifications.
- Fasten small metal or plastic boxes to walls to house electrical switches or outlets.
- Perform physically demanding tasks, such as digging trenches to lay conduit and moving and lifting heavy objects.
- Provide preliminary sketches and cost estimates for materials and services.
- Provide assistance during emergencies by operating floodlights and generators, placing flares, and driving needed vehicles.
- Assisting a master installation electrician, installation electrician with writing of COCIsolation, Fault finding on control Panels & PLC.
- Maintenance in Plant, Motors, Conveyor & Belts.
- Maintenance in Substations. Terminating, joining, installations & connection of MV & LV.
- Wiring & Installation of control circuit & service.
- Connections of control panels, repair &fault finding on cables reticulation systems and electrical components such as cables, circuit breakers lamp luminaries and meters.
- Doing maintenance on machines, vibrator, heat treatment maintaining & elements.
- Changing of oil on the transformers, shaker drum, breaker drum, vats, houden furnace & furnaces.
- Changing bearing on motors disa machines, automatic mold conveyer & panel wiring.
- Grade 12
- Electrical Engineering Qualification or Equivalent
- Trade Test Certificate
- Wireman’s License
- 1 to 3 Years Electrical Experience
- Code 10 driver’s license
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Good Organizational Skills
- Team Leader